Sunday, May 18, 2014

The principle of Japanese popular manga and anime



Actually, many people looked my yesterday’s article. Thank you!
And I know the popularity of Japanese manga by that.
Then, I’d like to explain about the principle of Japanese manga.

That is

“Friendship, Effort, Victory”

1) Background
I heard that Japanese popular manga in abroad are “NARUTO” and “Dragon Ball.”
Both manga is published in the same magazine, which is “JUMP.”
 http://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/p/poison3rd/20110608/20110608200108.jpg

JUMP has other popular manga such as “ONE PIECE” and “GINTAMA.”
This is the most popular magazine in Japan.
And it is categorized as “magazine for boys.”
There are many “magazines for boys” in Japan, such as “KOROKORO (ex. DORAEMON)” and “SUNDAY (ex. DITECTIVE CONAN.)”
So, each magazine should have their characteristics.
Then, the principle of JUMP became “Friendship, Effort, Victory.”

2) Effect

How does this principle work?
For example, let’s look at NARUTO.
NARUTO has three main themes.
1. FRIENDSHIP with Sasuke.
2. EFFORT to be a Hokage.
3. VICTORY to Madara.
You can adapt this three-themes structure in every JUMP manga!

3) Conclusion

As I said, JUMP is the most popular magazine in Japan.
This is because its principle touches our heart, I think.
When Naruto shouts “Sasuke!” or Luffy shouts “I'll become the Pirate King!" or Goku beats enemies by SUPER power, our hearts beats hotly and fastly.

When you watch the Japanese manga or anime, please remember that.
Thank you!

(Written by a Japanese student. If you find a fault in English, please teach me.)

2 comments:

  1. [I heard that Japanese popular manga in abroad are “NARUTO” and “Dragon Ball.”
    Both manga is published in the same magazine, which is “JUMP.”]

    You don't need the "in" in "manga in abroad."
    Also, "popular Japanese manga" would sound more normal.
    And, stating "are 'NARUTO' and 'Dragon Ball.' make it seem like those are the only popular manga.

    Therefore, your first sentence could sound better as something like, "I've heard that some popular Japanese manga include "NARUTO" and "Dragon Ball." or "I have heard "NARUTO" and "Dragon Ball" are popular Japanese manga."

    There's a bit more, but I'm too tired to continue. Email me if you want more help.

    oyasumi nasai!

    ReplyDelete